Wednesday, May 2, 2012
All this for a piece of paper - eh?
Graduation=
def.1- a big celebration for thousands of students who have worked long and hard to earn a piece of paper that says they are smart
def.2- Halloween for smart people.....especially phDs
Whichever definition you choose- it finally happened for Jared, who has officially graduated with his Bachelor's in Neuroscience! Other VIP grads include my sister Heidi, Jared's sister Carolyn and her husband Lon!
We had a grand ol' fun time. I will, however, make a side note that (myself)having just gotten off finals week with some flippin' hard finals (which I rocked bytheway)....it was sort of stressful having graduation right after finals....like it was on the same day I finished my last final. Family was in town- which was awesome- but I just wanted to crash and sleep for a day or two from all that studying! Lucky for Jared, he actually finished his degree in December (since then he's been working on his master's program).....so he didn't have any finals to stress about- which I was glad for- our house gets messy enough as it is with one of us in the thick of tests. I just- personally- think that Graduation shouldn't be on the last day of finals...that's all. Well, I'll step off of my soap box now (or fish crate....folding chair.....car hood- or whatever you want to picture me standing on, it's up to you).
It really was awesome having so much family in town to celebrate though! Jared's parents and sister and nephew came into town and we had such a wonderful time with them! I wish we could have spent more time- but my dad was also in town! Which was fabulous too! He even got to stay with us a two nights- he was such a trooper, sleeping on our air mattress in our living room :) Well, we may live in a tiny one bedroom apartment that was built in 1961- but we love it- and I was happy to share our humble abode with my papa.
On Saturday morning my dad and I even had some real quality one-on-one time together- which was so great. I don't remember having that kind of quality time with my dad since I was 16! (when he took me out on my first date!). But it was really great just to talk and be together. I wish we could do stuff that like more often.
With the Weeds we had a blast as well- Jared's mom made us some wicked delicious meals (she's a fabulous cook bytheway) and we even had a cookout! We had a lot of fun just talking together and playing games- like speed charades! so funny! For their graduation (Jared, Carolyn, and Lon's) Greg and Dolores (Jared's parents) took everyone out to the most delicious restaurant in Provo - Tucanos. Which, sadly, I missed out on ( I was busy having that one-on-one time with the dad) but that is Jared's very favorite place, so I was glad they all went.
All in all- I am very proud of all the graduates! Great job, everyone! (and a special wink and kiss go out to the handsome man on my right who just so happens to by my husband;-)
Well.....that's the report- now onto the fun stuff- PIcTuReS!
"I am so happy I finally feel like I graduated when I really graduated in December but it wasn't exciting at all because I only got a paper in the mail but nothing else happened but now we get to celebrate and have party!"
"Yep- I am ALLLLLLL done!"
pinch!
Th-sister, th-sister! YOu graduated!
Carolyn and Lon smooching....<3
Weed Family Love
Jared and his dad
Carolyn and her mom
Jared and his mom
Peace out, homies- until next time.
-Tabitha and Jared
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great posting on your blog. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete