Jared and I had a great Halloween together this year. It wasn't much, and we homework/ work sort of consumed the holiday weekend, but all and all it was good. We watched a super scary episode of Fringe on Halloween Eve, and I feel alseep with a certain anxiety only Halloween could yield. Best part of the weekend was carving pumpkins! Jared went all out on the Darth Vader- I on the other hand stuck with the traditional Barnhart pumpkin carving.

We also had our very first trick-or-treaters (Well, my very first trick or treaters)......I was so looking forward to the adorable primary children from our ward coming to our door, but none of them did :( Wymount did their trick or treat at Heritage Halls this year. So our tricksters were a group of 13-17 year olds....who were loud, late, and had pillowcases as candy bags. The one boy had a certain stench to him too........Can you tell I'm not familiar with this particular Halloween tradition....and to be honest I don't mind. Looters, that's what they were- and they weren't even dressed up. We didn't have any candy, but I had made cookies earlier for a lady in my ward, and had some left over. So I let them have some, they didn't even say thank you! Poor Jared didn't even get one. I just felt like those teenagers should have been supervised by an adult, a real adult. And just felt like it was rude for them to be going around Wymount (poor college students with little babies) at 9:30 at night. (That's why I think they should have had adult supervision)......
Perhaps I'm being over dramatic, but just didn't like the feeling they left us with.
Well....Halloween isn't all bad. But I do think I'm a bit of a Scrooge when it comes to Halloween. I could say more as to why I feel this way, but I won't.
Here's the positive side of Halloween for me....
- Pumpkins
- Yummy Treats
- playing dress up (not the creepy costumes)
-Fun times with Family
- Awesome quilt Dolores made us!
(shown below! I love how happy it is!)
I hope you had a "Happy" Halloween.
To the unhappy parts, "baa-humbug".
Until next year.
Awesome Jack-o-lanterns! I don't think we even carved ANY this year! Love you guys...What a fancy Nancy blog you have!
ReplyDelete